Saturday, July 18, 2009

What I've Been Up To

So I'm finally going to get around to updating this thing! I'm sorry guys, I love to read your blog posts, but I hate to write them, I'm not going to lie! Here goes:

Brian and I went to London and Paris in April. It was Ah-mazing! I had been to London before, but Paris! I am in love people! My favorite thing about Paris is the windows and architecture. It's absolutely gorgeous! We also incredibly were upgraded for free to first class both ways! A few pictures of the high points:

Windsor Castle


Tower of London

Gates Anne Boleyn came through on a boat for her coronation and beheading.

London Eye

On the London Eye - I'm afraid of heights :)

Big Ben/Parliament from London Eye

Yummy pastry at french/english restaurant in train station.

What Brian got. I forgot what it was called.

Me at the train station waiting to take the Chunnel.

Champs Elysees

Underneath Arc de Triomphe, looking up. I thought it was pretty!

Sacre Coeur. Wish I could find a good picture from the top. The view was unbelievable!

La Seine

The Catacombs

Brian and I outside the Catacombs.

Hallway in my next house :) Grand Trianon (Versailles)

Foyer in my next house.

Notre Dame

Tour Eiffel at night

It sparkles. How awesome is that?!

The Louvre

Brian loved all the smart cars. Especially how they could parallel park like this!


All in all, it was a life changing trip. We loved it so much that we're going back for two weeks at the end of the year! This time we're going to Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Venice, and Paris. I am so excited! We're going to hear the Pope speak on Christmas and we'll be at the Tour Eiffel to ring in the new year. It should be an amazing experience. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Mrs Gina K said...

WOW! I'm quite envious! :) Looks like you guys had an amazing trip! Enjoy your next one, I've been to a couple of the cities you mentioned in high school, but I want to go back with Travis! Can't wait to see those pictures! :)

Beckie said...

It's about time! You almost went a year with no posts! I love to hear the musings of Katie...keep them coming!

Ashley said...

SO glad you posted. I LOVE the pictures, especially the one of you at the train station...very pretty. I'm going to show these pictures to Jon and beg him to take me. Do you think it will work? Keep 'em coming.